NEALS Consortium Meeting in the Books!
On October 23, 2014, a total of five presentations were given from the NSSR Lab at the Northeast ALS Consortium (NEALS) annual meeting at the beautiful Sandpearl Resort in Clearwater Florida. NSSR research students and clinicians Stephanie Watts, Lauren Tabor, Raele Robison, Michelle Rosado, and Dr. Plowman each gave scientific research poster presentations. Dr. Plowman was also asked to provide a platform presentation to share updates in the ongoing randomized clinical trial investigating the impact of expiratory muscle strength training on bulbar dysfunction in PALS.
NSSR NEALS Presentations:
1. Plowman E.K., Tabor L.C., Rosado M.K., Turner K., Gaziano J., Robison R., Domer A., Richter J., Gooch C., Katzin L., & Vu T. (2014). Impact of Expiratory Muscle Strength Training on Bulbar Function and Disease Progression in ALS: Updates from a Randomized Sham Control Trial. (Platform).
2. Watts S.A., Tabor L.C., Gaziano J., Turner K., Vu T., & Plowman E.K. (2014). Presence of Huffing During Voluntary Cough is Associated with Penetration-Aspiration in Individuals with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
3. Lauren Tabor, Joy Gaziano, Stephanie Watts, Michelle Rosado, Tuan Vu,
Joel Richter, Clifton Gooch, & Emily Plowman. (2014). Maximum Expiratory Force Generating Abilities Are Associated with Global Disease Progression and Airway Safety During Swallowing in ALS.
4. Robison R., Tabor L.C., Watts S.A., Turner K., & Plowman E.K. (2014). Communication Effectiveness Profiles in Individuals with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
5. Emily Plowman, Lauren Tabor, Stephanie Watts, Michelle Rosado, Katie Turner, Joy Gaziano, Joel Richter, Lara Katzin, Clifton Gooch, & Tuan Vu. (2014). Utility of the Eating Assessment Tool-10 (EAT-10) for Dysphagia
Screening in Individuals with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.